There are many reasons that you’re PC starts to perform slowly. It can be due to particular software, application or a dangerous virus in your PC.
We all have basic antivirus software to scan for such problematic programs. One of them can be the digital TV tuner device registration application.
Most users have no clue about this program and can make their PCs performance worst. In this post, we’ll discuss the digital TV tuner device registration application, its error, and fixes.
What is the Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
For those who don’t know, the digital TV tuner device registration application is a part of the Windows Media Center.
It is a scheduled task which allows you to watch digital TV Channels including the premium ones straight from your TV provider on your PC. It is a non-system process known as ehprivjob.exe which is installed in your system.
What Causes Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Issue?
There is certain software which comes pre-installed on your system like the ehprivjob. It stores massive files on your PC and registry as well.
It leads to fragmented files and creating invalid entries and such other dysfunctional properties. It can affect the overall performance of your computer.
Ehprivjob.exe is a program that has machine codes in it. The ehprivjob.exe commands will be executed as soon as you run the Windows Media Center on your system. Hence, it’s loaded in your PC’s RAM and runs as a Windows Media Center process.
How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application Issues?
We have listed some of the best useful methods in details below. Try out at all the methods until one works to fix the problem. Let’s get started-
1. Turn of the Windows Features
You should first try turning off Windows features to fix the digital TV tuner device registration problem. It’ll disable some specific features in your Windows system.
Disabling such features decreases the overall load on your PC’s performance. Here’s how you do it-
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Control Panel in Windows Search bar
- Now, press the Enter key to open the Control Panel
- Select Programs and Features option
- Now hit the “Turn Windows Features On or Off” option (to the left side of the window)
- Scroll down and choose + beside Media Features to expand its options
- Search for Window Media Center in option and now, untick the checkbox (right next to it)
- Hit the Apply button and tap on OK
Once it’s done, restart your Windows PC and check if there is a difference in your PCs performance.
2. Quit Processes Using High Resources in Resource Monitor
In this method, you’ll find for the processes that use up a lot of resources and end them using the Resource Manager. Here’s how-
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del key to open your Task Manager
- Select the Performance tab and open the ResourceMonitor
- Search for the process- exe (under the Processes tab) and End it
- Select the process and hit the EndProcess option to stop the process
- Now, tap on the OK button and close the Task Manager window
You can now restart your computer to save and apply the new settings you’ve made. This method has mostly worked for many users to solve the digital TV tuner device registration application issue.
3. Fix the Issue by Disabling any Scheduled Task
According to the research, ehdrminit is on the main reasons causing this problem in your PC. Let’s try out to disable this task and see if it works for your solve the digital TV tuner device registration application issue.
- Hit the Windows button and type Task Scheduler in the search bar
- Now, select the Task Scheduler from the list of results and open it
- Once the Task Scheduler window opens up, tap on the Library option and open the Microsoft folder
- Click on the Windows folder to open it and then open Media Center folder
- Disable the ehdrminit task
Once you’ve disabled the task, close all the folders on your system and restart your PC.
4. Delete the DRM Folder Contents
Deleting some or all the contents in the DRM folder has worked for some users to fix the digital TV tuner device registration application issue. Let’s do it-
- Hit the Windows key and type My computer
- Open My Computer or My PC from the list of results
- Locate the following address-
- Now, delete the DRM folder or the contents inside it
This method hasn’t worked for many users and might not work for you as well. Let’s get to the next solution.
5. Uninstall your TV tuner
If none of the above methods work for you to fix the digital TV tuner device registration application issue, the best idea is to uninstall the TV tuner. Go through the step by step guide to uninstall your Windows program.
The main idea of this solution is that if there is no tuner in your system, there’ll be no problem of your digital TV tuner device registration application issue. Let’s go-
- Press and hold Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box
- Type Control Panel and hit the Enter key
- Search for Program and Features option and click on it
- Now, go the Installed Programs and select the digital TV Tuner
- Hit the Uninstall icon (to the upper portion of your window)
- Follow the uninstallation wizard process and wait for it to complete
- Once the process is complete, open your Registry Editor. To do so- press and hold Windows + R key and type regedit in the Run dialog box
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following address-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ and look for the folder having your digital TV tuner and delete it
- once it’s done, navigate to the following address and delete any traces or entries-
After you delete the entries, close all the windows and restart your PC. This method will definitely work for you to fix the issue.
There you go! Your digital TV tuner device registration application issue resolves using the above methods. It is necessary to fix this unavoidable error as it can attack your PCs performance anytime.
Digital TV tuner device registration application can use up high CPU resources. The above fixes are the perfect remedies to help boost up your system’s performance.
Have any other issues while performing the above methods or steps? Add your queries in the comments section below.
- Full Fix for Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10
- 4 ways to fix “No Audio Output Device is Installed” Error in Windows 10/8/7
- How to Fix Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Error