Instagram is one of the most famous networking sites to share photos and connect with everyone all around the world. You are one of the 800 million users who is addicted to Instagram.
Well, surely you have taken a tough decision in the social networking world that you want to delete your Instagram account permanently. It can be due to many personal reasons that you have convinced yourself Instagram is no longer in use for you.
You must’ve tried to delete your Instagram account permanently from the app, but sadly you cannot do it directly within the app. In this post, we have listed the easiest way to delete your Instagram account permanently.
Note: Before we get to the method, let us inform you that you cannot retrieve any data including your followers, followings, posts, pictures, and videos once you delete your Instagram account permanently.
You or anyone else can’t use the same username ever again. Think twice before you take the decision or you can always deactivate your Instagram account temporarily. It is a better option as you can get back to your Instagram as the hash tags memories hit you.
How to Temporarily Deactivate Your Instagram Account?
Just like deleting your Instagram account permanently, you cannot disable your Instagram account temporarily form the app directly. You’ll have to log-in from the website. Here’s how-
- Log-in to your Instagram account from the website
- Once your Instagram page opens, hit the My Profile button (to the top-right corner)
- Click on the Edit Profile menu (in the middle of your profile)
- Scroll down on the edit profile’s screen, and tap on the Temporarily disable my account option
Your Instagram account has been deactivated temporarily. No one can see your Instagram profile or your followers, followings or posts. If you wish to continue back with your Instagram account, log-in with your username and password, and there it is! Your Instagram runs back to normal.
If this doesn’t appeal to change your mind and if you still wish to delete your Instagram account permanently. Well, let’s get started.
Complete Guide on How to Delete Instagram Permanently?
Make sure that you have a complete back up of your Instagram photos and videos. You can either do it manually or use a third-party tool.
As discussed above, deleting an Instagram account permanently from the app is not possible, and you’ll have to use a Desktop to do the task. Get your Desktop and Instagram website ready and check out the steps mentioned below.
- Open and log-in to your web browser
- Go to the Delete Your Account page (https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/)
- Now in the Delete Your Account web page, you’ll be asked to select a reason for deleting your Instagram account.
You can select any reason as it doesn’t matter or you can choose ‘somethingelse’ from the drop-down list.
- After that, you’ll have to enter your password in the password entry bar
- Once it is done, make sure that you want to delete your Instagram account and hit the “Permanently delete my account” button
There is no way back to your Instagram account with all the posts and activities you had on your Instagram. In short, there is no chance to reactivate your Instagram account ever. Let us know if you have any doubts or issues with your Instagram account in the comments section below.