Are you missing the rounds of laughter, fun times, and most importantly watching shows and movies together with your bestie who has moved to a different corner of the globe?
Well, you can still watch movies with friends online with a number of services that let you enjoy the same feeling of sharing your movie-moments together and helping you stay connected.
So, how to watch movies with friends online? Keep reading as we share some of the coolest apps that will allow you to watch YouTube together and watch videos at the same time with friends.
Can’t wait to check out the apps? We totally understand, so let’s get started
A great way to watch videos together with your besties is to try out the Watch2gether app. All you need is to quickly create a room and have a nickname and viola, you are ready to continue your tradition of watching videos together every day.
So, how to get started?
- Visit Watch2gether site (https://www.watch2gether.com/).
- You will need to Create your room by clicking on the ‘Create your room’ button.
- And, then give a nickname when the room opens.
- Next, start inviting your friends, and select the videos sources from various platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Soundcloud, and you are all set.
- While enjoying the movie together, you can use the chat, use playlists, or even moderate your room.
Finally, on the upside, you will find that all the invited friends would get to see the same content inclusive of watching videos, listening to music, or even go shopping together like browsing and shopping from Amazon at the same time.
The fun-part all can see and discuss the exact same content. You would enjoy the myriad media getting supported and at no cost.
On the downside, you will find that there are banner ads that may get displayed which are something you will experience in free rooms.
In the case, you wish to eliminate the banner ads and default video, you may consider buying the ‘plus’ subscription and enjoy the entire experience minus any glitches
2. Rabbit (Rabb.it)
Wouldn’t it be nice to sync and share more than just videos? Imagine sharing a browser, or sync games, documents and more. If you are excited to do all of this, then use the Rabbit app that lets you share a plethora of experiences and stay connected with your friends and also collaborate with your colleagues. To try out the app, follow these steps:
- Go to Rabb.it (https://www.rabb.it/) and click on the Sign-up button.
- Complete the sign-up using Facebook or enter the other details like First name, Last name, username, email, and password. After, you complete responding to the verification email get ready to use rabb.it.
- You will get your own room in rabb.it after the sign in.
- Next, you can check out shortcuts for Netflix and YouTube.
Now, you can explore the features like changing the resolution and quality from low to high-definition, or even switching to full-screen via the Enter Fullscreen option.
Finally, the upsides are the possibility of using the app over multiple devices and using multiple services apart from just syncing video streams. Also, the Rrabb.it experience will be quite satisfying even with low internet speeds.
So, get ready to share your virtual living room experience with your friends and family. This app is definitely worth-a-try.
Want to watch YouTube together with your friends? Then, Gaze is the app for you. It will recreate the movie-date-like experience for you. And, using the app is very simple. Here’s what you can do:
- Visit Gaze site (https://www.letsgaze.com/).
- You can either click on Start Gazing or try the Instant Demo.
- Once you click the Start Gazing button, you can invite your friends with options like Facebook, sending email, or share the link with your friends through any other application
Now, you would be all set and both you and your friends can share the movie experience together. Just perfect for a long-distance movie-date-night, isn’t it?
On the upsides, not only can you share YouTube videos, but you can also sync up local files. Though there are quite a few websites that already allow the sending of files, this is an extra offered by the app.
So, get ready to make video calls, sync-and-watch at the same time including playing, pausing, and seeking the video. Apart from which, you can Gaze at your own video files, and also insta-chat. Now, how cool can this get!!
4. Netflix Party
If you are looking for something very easy to set-up, then you would enjoy Netflix Party. The app is a Google Chrome-exclusive extension that requires only one user to install it, and this feature makes the set-up a cake-walk.
So, try out the following steps for Netflix Party:
- Install Netflix Party (https://www.netflixparty.com/)
- Choose a movie or a show, and click a red NP button, which you will find at the top right of the browser window to get a link to a shared session. (This generates a unique link that can be sent to your long-distance friends and family with whom you’d wish to share the video).
- The ones whom you have shared the link will now get directed to your room and they can watch the video in sync with you.
- Also, users can enjoy the simple text chat interface.
On the upside, the Netflix Party needs the extension to be installed by only one person. This also implies that your friends who don’t have a Netflix subscription can still get invited to be a part of your room.
Also, it is compatible with smartphones and tablets. On the downside, some users have found glitches with syncing.
However, all said and done you would truly enjoy Netflix Party, and this is one of the coolest ways to watch movies together online with your besties
Another wonderful way to watch YouTube together is to try out myCircle.tv. The app lets you happily stay connected to your long-distance friends. It incorporates VoIP capabilities, and also allows you to watch videos along with friends in sync.
And, if you wish to enjoy a free voice chat while enjoying videos online, then you’d love the free voice chat feature. You will find that there is no registration requirement, and you’ll be all set-up for watching free videos online with friends.
So, how to start? Try these steps:
- Visit the website https://www.mycircle.tv/.
- Create or join a room and enjoy the same video at the same time. (You could paste the address of any video page including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Soundcloud, or even twitch.tv).
- You can invite your friends through social media or by sending the room link by email.
Now, you are all set to go. You can organize your playlist in real-time with your friends, and also upload your videos to myCloud.
On the upside, you will definitely enjoy the hours of free voice chatting with your friends. And, the no-registration requirement is another added plus point.
So, get ready and gather your friends for hours of entertainment as you enjoy movies, gameplay, mangas, and more.
6. Sync Video
Isn’t it fun to enjoy a virtual living room experience with your long-distance special someone? But, are you worried about privacy? Then, Sync Video is your answer, as it has been developed with privacy in mind.
The option is a great way to relax and watch videos online with friends. You will need to complete the registration and provide with a non-temporary-sorts nickname and you’d be all set to go. Try the following steps:
- Visit the Sync Video website (https://sync-video.com/).
- You can click on Create new room
- You can create your account, by providing username and password.
- After the registration, you could invite friends to your own room by clicking on Invite. (You also have the option of making your room public, in the case you choose to.)
You would be all set to go with the app. To quickly use the app, you could add “sync-” as a prefix to the YouTube video URL.
Should look like:
The upside is the privacy feature, which enables you to enjoy your own permanent and private virtual room. Sync Video is another cool app to be added in your bucket list of long-distance movie-dating experience
7. Plex VR
Here’s another cool but sort-of cumbersome app, which will augment the entire entertainment experience – Plex VR. Now, you and your friends can join a virtual theatre where you can enjoy movies or TV shows.
The videos would be entirely synced and all of your friends can enjoy the video simultaneously. You would love the cute avatar designed for your room, and you can also independently change the size and the position of the screen as it suits your preferences.
Try the following steps:
- Visit the Plex VR site (https://www.plex.tv/your-media/virtual-reality/).
- You can get your free Plex account by completing the Signup
- Next, download the Plex Media Server on the device.
- Start adding media inclusive of different file types.
Now, you are all set to go. In the context of upsides, you will find this an easy app to set up, and you would also love the streaming quality.
On the downside, you may find glitches while changing the settings and the sharing of content with friends may be complicated for a few
How about enjoying some music videos? Let’s throw in a DJ for your room and keep the music party going for you and your friends who stay in different corners of the globe.
Welcome the plug.dj service, that lets you create a room (both public and private) and you could enjoy YouTube videos or discover some super-cool music together. To enjoy the service, try the following steps:
- Visit the plug.dj site (https://plug.dj/).
- Complete the sign-up
- Download and install the Background Play Extension.
- Open the plug.dj app and click on Extensions.
- Enable Background Mode.
Now, you would be almost ready to stream some feet-tapping music together. So, get ready to listen, play, and connect to music-aficionados worldwide. The upside, it is a wonderful service if you are a music lover.
When it comes to watching videos together and video chats with maybe 10 friends at the same time, then you could try Airtime. The app supports iOS and above, iPhone 5s and above, and Android 4.4 (API level 19) and above. So, how to create a room in Airtime?
Try the following steps:
- Visit Airtime (https://www.airtime.com/).
- Tap on the Create Room
- Now, select the friends you want in the room with you.
- You can also a Create New Room and then start chatting.
Alternatively, go live and enjoy video chatting. You may share YouTube videos, post messages, or pics. On the upside, you can enjoy the real-time reactions, and also enjoy the entire move-date-like experience with your friends.
10.Let’s Watch It
Now enjoy the new application for iMessage – Let’s Watch It. So, get ready to share YouTube videos or Twitch videos with your friends and family.
You will enjoy the video experience and the wonderful syncing of the videos. So, what is the compatibility? It requires iOS 10.2 or later, and is also compatible with iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
On the upside, the app brings in a fresh and wonderful way of sharing videos. So, get ready to drop in your emoji reactions, and explore the feature-rich app.
Popcorn, rounds of laughter, and chatting on movie experiences, can be back in your life, even if your bestie is in some other corner of the world. Choose the apps of your choice and enjoy staying connected with your friends!
- 10 Best Photo Viewer Apps for Windows 10
- 10 Alternatives to Kodi (2018) – Best Media Players for Your PC and Mobile Devices