Windows 10 is one of the leading operating systems with over more than 600 million users. However, users report many issues and bugs with this operating system every day. When it comes to issues, many users have reported that the battery icon is missing in Windows 10 laptop.
Some of the users don’t feel the need to fix this issue. However, it can be a bad idea as you cannot see the Battery level and might even lose some data.
The most evident reason for your battery icon disappeared in Windows 10 is due to a recent Windows update. Suddenly your battery icon is no more displayed in the Windows. Don’t worry as we have listed a few simple methods to restore battery icon missing in Windows 10 laptop.
How to Get your Missing Battery Icon Back?
You might face two of the issues where your battery icon disappeared suddenly, or you want to show the battery grid for the first time. You can quickly fix both of them by restarting your computer if it is the first case and by enabling the battery or Power icon from the settings menu. Well, we have listed some more fixes if these two doesn’t work well for you. Let’s get started.
1. Enable the Battery Icon From Settings
You might have disabled your Battery icon, or it might have come on a disabled mood from the providers. Here’s how you can enable it:
- Press and hold Windows + I keys to open the Settings menu
- Go to System and tap on it
- Now in the Notification area, search for Turn system icons on or off
- Switch the Power icon to On mode
You can now see your battery icon on the taskbar with its battery level on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Check for Windows 10 Updates
A fault in the installation process of your last update or a pending update can cause ‘battery is missing’ issue. You can check for updates in the Settings window and fix the problem. Follow the steps given below to update your PC.
- Open Settings and hit the Update and Security icon
- After this, tap on ‘Check for updates’ option
- Install all the available updates (If any)
Once the installation process is done, restart your PC again and check if the Battery icon is restored on your taskbar.
3. Disable and Re-enable your Battery Hardware
This method most-likely fixes the missing battery icon issue by just re-enabling your battery hardware and ACPI. Follow the steps below.
1) Press and hold Windows + X keys and select Device Manager
2) Go to the Batteries option and expand it
3) Here, you’ll see two categories – Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and Microsoft AS Adapter
4) Right-click on the Microsoft AS Adapter and Click on Disable
5) Again, right-click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Disable
6) Once that is done, re-enable them by right-clicking on both – Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and Microsoft AS Adapter and Select the Enable option
7) Close the window and restart your PC
Hopefully, your battery icon can be seen on your Windows 10 taskbar now.
4. Use the Windows Explorer
Restarting your Windows Explorer refreshes all you Windows 10 icons on Desktop including the battery icon. So let’s give it a try.
- Press Ctrl+ Shift + Esc keys to open your Taskbar
- A small window appears on the screen, go to the Process tab and locate Windows Explorer and then right-click on it.
- Now, in the menu list, hit the Restart icon
Your Windows 10 Desktop icons have been refreshed, and you might see the battery icon on your taskbar.
Have some other issues with your battery? Tell us in the comments section below. Also, let us know which method solved your ‘battery icon is missing’ issue in your Windows 10 PC.
- How to Fix Laptop Battery Plugged in, But Not Charging Issue
- 3 Simple Ways to Fix “Battery Service” Warnings on Mac/Macbook Pro