Although Windows 10 comes with some great features, it can be a little confusing for the new users. If you’ve just started with the Windows 10 OS, you might find it hard performing basic tasks like turning on or off the bluetooth in Windows 10.
With so many fancy menus and icons, it sometimes becomes hard to locate the settings for basic services like bluetooth and wifi in Windows 10. If you want to turn on bluetooth on Windows 10 to connect to connect to your mobile or speaker, keyboard, mouse or any other device, here’s how to do it.
This guide details some simple ways to turn on and add devices to bluetooth on Windows 10.
How to Turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10?
Bluetooth is important for wireless connectivity. You can easily enable bluetooth on your Windows 10 by any of the two effective methods I have mentioned below:
1. Turn on Bluetooth from the Action Center in Windows 10
This is one of the easiest ways to enable bluetooth in your Windows 10 system. Let’s do this:
- Press and hold Windows + A key to open Action Center
- Click on the bluetooth icon, from the list of quick actions
If you can only see four figures in the list of quick actions, you can enlarge it, and now you may find bluetooth. Also note that if you still can’t see bluetooth, there are chances that the bluetooth feature is not available in your system.
- Once your bluetooth is turned on, you can see the bluetooth button is activated
- Now, the bluetooth icon appears in the taskbar’s notification area
Done! You have now successfully enabled bluetooth on your Windows 10 PC. You may directly connect any kind of bluetooth devices and equipment and enjoy its services.
This is another quick and easy way to enable bluetooth mode by opening the Settings app. Here is a quick fix to do so,
- To open the Settings app, press and hold Windows + I keys together
- Go to Devices and click on the bluetooth and other devices option
- The bluetooth devices and settings window will appear
- In that, switch the bluetooth On
Your bluetooth feature is active, and you can connect all kind of bluetooth accessories to your Windows 10 system.
How to Turn off Bluetooth in Windows 10?
To make it easier for you, you can merely turn bluetooth off in Windows 10 by repeating the exact steps above by replacing the bluetooth toggle to off or deactivated.
Or just in case,
- Head to the Start button and select Settings
- Hit on Devices
- Select bluetooth
- Move the bluetooth toggle to the off
- Close the settings window to save the changes
Alright! You have disabled the bluetooth temporarily.
Can’t Find Your Bluetooth Device? Here’s the Fix:
If this problem occurs in your school or workplace or any other third-party system, they might have disabled this feature for some reasons. However, if you face this issue in your own PC, then you might need to fix this immediately. Before we get to the solutions, let us see what errors occur in this issue below.
Some of the Common issues users face in the bluetooth feature in Windows 10:
- bluetooth can’t be turned on or off
- bluetooth doesn’t function by updating to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7
- bluetooth doesn’t work after upgrading for Windows 10 version
- bluetooth doesn’t appear in Device Manager, and no unknown devices are listed
These were some of the common issues; let’s fix them by following the steps listed below:
1. Update Bluetooth Driver on your PC
Ensure that your PC supports bluetooth and if it does supports and still your bluetooth is not working, it might be due to outdated bluetooth driver.
So, to update your bluetooth Driver, go to the manufacturer’s website and find the most recent and proper bluetooth driver.
Make sure to choose the correct driver for your suitable Windows version (32 or 64-bit)
2. Make sure that Bluetooth Support Service is working
Without any introduction let us directly go to the solution
- Press and hold Windows + R key to open the Run box
- In the Run box, type services.msc and press the Enter key
- Now, right-click on the “bluetooth Support Service,” and click on the Start. (If the Start icon is not accessible, click on the Restart option)
- Once again, right-click on bluetooth Support service and select Properties
- Switch its startup type to “Automatic” and hit on Apply
- Now, click on OK to save the changes
- Hold down Windows +I keys to open the Settings app
You may soon see the bluetooth option in the Settings app
3. Fix the Bluetooth Issue By Re-enabling its Software in Device Manager
You can just disable and re-enable the bluetooth driver software to fix the bluetooth missing issue. Here’s how:
- Right-click on the Start menu and open the Device Manager window from the list
- In the bluetooth menu, Right-click on bluetooth device
- Now, select Disable device and click on Yes to confirm
- Once again, right-click on bluetooth device and Hit on Enable device
- To check the bluetooth tool, press and hold Windows + I keys to open the Settings window
Expectedly the bluetooth switch appears now.
These quick fixes are more likely to solve your bluetooth issue.
That’s all! bluetooth is an essential tool in today’s wireless technology generation. Make sure you keep the bluetooth drivers updated on your Windows 10 machine. Let us know if this guide was helpful to you.
- Why Does Your PC Turn off Randomly, without Warning? How to Fix it?
- How do I Turn on Windows Defender in Windows 10/8/7?