Do you want to update device drivers on your Windows 10 PC? And, are you looking for the best driver updater? Then, keep reading as we explore some of the best driver updater software for Windows in 2018.
As manufacturers constantly strive to bring users the latest intuitive tools to help in running the hardware efficiently, it is a constant quest for a user too, to keep the system running smoothly.
The driver updater software comes in handy as a safe and fast tool to scan the PC for potential driver problems and keep the drivers and devices up-to-date. Here’s a roundup of the best driver updater in 2018
(Supports: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP)
Driver Booster is a free driver updater tool for Windows with an advanced driver compression algorithm, which reduces download time. The updater software is an easy solution with most advanced driver update technology.
The tool automatically checks for outdated drivers for the hardware on a regular basis, and a single-click can update all the outdated drivers. Apart from which, the tool also extends batch-downloading, which hides the installation wizard and popup messages.
- Reduces download time
- Compatible with all Windows versions
- Supports thousands of device drivers
- Automatic scans for outdated drivers
- Installation wizard and pop-ups hidden making the process smooth
- Creates a restore point before installing
- Helps improve graphics and audio quality with related PC drivers augmenting PC gaming experience
- Provides qualified WHQL drivers
2. Driver Talent (Earlier called ‘Drive The Life’)
(Supports: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP)
Next, let’s look at another awesome driver updater software for Windows 10 – Driver Talent. The tool is a feature-rich updater that finds corrupted, outdated, and missing device drivers on the PC.
This helps to eliminate the search on the internet for official download links. You can reinstall drivers that don’t have updates and also enjoy the clutter-free experience.
As a user, you are given the option to check the size of the driver, the release date and version number, so that you know, what you are downloading.
Apart from which, you also get an alternate version that includes network drivers and works offline. This is ideal when you need to install drivers but don’t have the apt network driver installed.
- Drivers can be backed up using the updater
- Users can check out the driver’s version number, file size, and release date, which helps in comparing before any download
- Helps you install the driver version of your choice instead of the most recently released one
- Automatically shuts down the PC after drivers are installed
- The link Driver Talent for Network Card helps to install an offline version which is inclusive of network drivers
- Installs in less than 5 seconds
3. DriverPack Solution
(Supports: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP)
DriverPack Solution is a great driver updater software for Windows 10.
The updater tool is free and it helps to find the apt device drivers for your PC in just a few clicks. The best part – the installation has no requirements of any wizards or installation pop-ups.
- Offers large database of unique drivers located on ultra-high speed servers all over the world
- Uses machine learning technologies to make the process of driver installation quick and maintain high quality
- Configures any PC in a short time frame
- Improves the operational ability of the PC and its devices
- The tool works even when there is no working network via the DriverPack Network driver on the DriverPack Offline version
- Supports bulk downloads and installs automatically in just a few clicks
- Portable tool, which can be launched from even a mobile device
4. Driver Easy
(Supports: Windows 10/8.1/7)
Driver Easy is an efficient tool that scans your PC and updates you with drivers that are missing, mismatched, or outdated. The tool augments the PC performance and increases stability.
You can also schedule scans ranging from daily to monthly or even when the PC is idle. With plenty of features, this is another tool worth trying. And, you will find both free and commercial-use versions.
- Automatically detects and downloads drivers
- Extends over 8,000,000 drivers
- Updates all drivers in just a few minutes
- Offers you Offline Scan for offline computers, allowing you to save the driver analysis without an Internet connection
- Provides backup and restore features
- Extends Driver Uninstall feature, which enables removing hardware and cleaning up the system
- Improved step-by-step guide of the manual driver update process (in Free version)
5. TweakBit Driver Updater
(Supports: Windows 10/8.1/7/XP/Vista)
The TweakBit Driver Updater is an advanced tool that scans the PC and automatically updates missing or outdated drivers with just one click.
The tool offers a clean download and prevents incompatibilities thereby improving the PC performance.
- Extends access to a massive database of over 200,000 drivers
- Scans your PC for outdated drivers, offers detailed information in the Diagnostics panel, and drivers can be updated from the Overview panel.
- Improves security and performance of your PC and its devices
- The user-friendly one-click interface helps to automatically download drivers
- Efficient backup and system restore
- Facilitates in resolving driver-related issues quickly
- Support team available 24×7 on instant live chat
6. Driver Reviver
(Supports: Windows 8/7/10[not officially listed] /Vista and XP in 32-bit or 64-bit Editions)
Driver Reviver developed by ReviverSoft helps to identify outdated and obsolete drivers quickly and updates the drivers using original manufacturer drivers.
The tool ensures that the PC and its devices operate at optimum performance levels, thus extending the life of the hardware. Apart from which, the risks of downloading an infected driver are also eliminated by the tool.
- Identifies out-of-date and obsolete drivers
- Quick update of drivers
- Keeps drivers constantly updated ensuring that PC runs at optimum levels
- Ensures accurate detection of correct drivers thereby eliminating risks of an infected driver
- Quick scans and update process helps save time
- Automatic backups
7. Driver Identifier
(Supports: Windows 10 (x86-x64)/8/7/Vista and XP for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions)
Driver Identifier, a subscription-based service, works wonderfully with scanning for outdated drivers and has been specially designed to swiftly locate the most current drivers that are specific to your PC.
You will love the user-friendly interface and the access to a massive database. Note that the free account is available but it gives access to the updates for only a day.
- Supports all Windows versions
- Offers access to over 27 million device associated drivers
- Offers drivers with download links with details like the manufacturer and the version numbers
- No need for internet connection, as you could open the application on an offline computer
- Simplified process of downloading new drivers
8. Free Driver Scout
(Supports: Windows 7/8/10 [not officially listed]/Vista/XP)
Free Driver Scout is a free software tool, which helps to update all the drivers installed on the PC. The tool scans your PC and its devices to remove broken, outdated, and defect drivers offering the latest versions.
The program automatically scans and downloads the updates, minus any inputs from you. Apart from which, the tool also has the ability to back up and restore drivers.
- Quickly and easily updates all installed drivers
- Extends a database for over a million different devices
- Choose to download updates either manually or automatically. And, also exclude devices you choose from the update
- Automatic back and easy restoration of backups
- Allows defining a storage location for driver updates
- OS Migration Tools allows downloading device drivers for different versions of Windows
- Multilingual UI.
(Supports: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP)
DriverMax is a free Windows program that scans the PC and updates outdated drivers. The tool also helps with automated installs, back up of installed drivers, and restoring the backed up drivers.
- Automated installs and scheduled scans
- Increases PC productivity by continuously offering the latest updates
- Offers over 2,300,000 latest versions of drivers using intelligent and unique online self-learning technology
- Creates restore point and allows speedy rollback of installation
- Extends hassle-free installation
10. Smart Driver Updates
(Supports: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP)
Smart Driver Update is an efficient driver updater tool that automatically updates outdated or corrupted drivers. You can also use the built-in scheduler to automatically run driver scans as per your convenience.
- The tool facilitates efficiency and stability of your PC in just a few clicks
- Extends a database of over a million drivers of PC hardware
- Provides instant access to all the latest drivers
- The built-in scheduler helps run automatic scans as per your convenience
- Back-up of all drivers is possible, with compressing them to a zip file, which can be exported and re-installed
UPDATE: Following are the two new entries to our original list of best driver updater software for Windows 10.
11. Snappy Driver Installer
The Snappy Driver Installer also is known as SDI is a popular freeware driver updater tool for Windows. This tool updates multiple drivers at a time and detects any broken, missing or outdated drivers.
One of the most powerful features of this driver installer is that it has the ability to store an entire collection of drivers in offline mode. Speaking of features, let us go through some more critical features of Snappy Driver Installer:
- Downloads in driver packs for various hardware devices
- Is compatible with all Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP
- Has an efficient filter feature to find the perfect driver for you to install
- Enables installing drivers in both online and offline mode
- Can be used in an external hard drive
- Shows system information
- Works well with 32-bit and 64-bit version of your Windows system
Snappy Driver Installer is one of our favorite pick from the best driver updater list as it has all the beneficial features one requires to meet their expectations from a driver updater.
Just download the TweakBit software and get going with it easy user interface to speed up and fix your system. It includes all the necessary tools a driver updater has with PC Booster, Repair Kit, file Recovery and PS Suite. Along with these, TweakBit has a powerful feature where it detects outdated and missing drivers and gets to the latest driver versions.
TweakBit identifies your system and offers all the correct updates instantly. Some of the high keys in this installer are Support, Restore, Back up, Settings and Settings. Some of the main features of TweakBit are:
- Offers file recovery feature
- Repairs all the driver-related errors
- Performs diagnostics
- An easy user interface to upgrade to the latest versions
- Scan any missing or outdated drivers
You should surely give TweakBit software a try as it ensures that you have the latest and compatible drivers installed in your PC.
Now, get ready to experience your PC and its devices functioning smoothly in 2018 with the best driver updater.
Choose to download and install the driver updater software for Windows as per your requirements, and enjoy the hassle-free automatic scans, and drivers getting up-to-date at all times.
Update Note: This article was originally posted on September 12, 2018, and updated on November 14, 2018. We keep updating our content in order to improve the content quality, relevancy, and provide more value to our readers.
- 10 Best NES Emulators for Windows 10
- 10 Alternatives to Kodi (2018) – Best Media Players for Your PC and Mobile Devices
- 12+ Best Windows 10 Themes/Skin (and How to Install Them)