Do you want to enjoy YouTube on your smart TV? You might want to activate YouTube online.
Yes, YouTube is not just limited to your smartphones, but now you can also enjoy YouTube on your smart TVs. All you have to do is activate the YouTube service on your TV using the YouTube.com/activate link online.
YouTube has become one of the most used applications for entertainment and video sharing. There are millions of YouTube videos including movies, newly released tracks, trailers, informational, short movies and many more.
The good news is that YouTube users are no longer restricted to watch YouTube content on their PC or smartphone. You can now stream your favorite YouTube videos on your TV screen.
How to Watch YouTube on Your Smart TV?
All you need to do is activate YouTube on your streaming device or Smart TV using youtube.com/activate. In this post, we’ll guide on how to activate YouTube on Roku, Xbox One, Kodi, Smart TV and PlayStation 3.
Let’s get started:
1. How to Activate YouTube on Roku?
Activating YouTube on Roku is a simple process and doesn’t take a long time. Follow the steps given below to watch YouTube videos on TV through Roku.
- Connect Roku to your TV and sign-in to your Roku account
Note: Make sure that you’re connected to a good internet connection.
- Press the Home button to open your Home Screen
- Select the option Channel Store and press the OK button from your remote
- Now, head to the Top free option and choose YouTube and press OK
- Select the Add Channel option and press OK
- The process may take a while. To check, press the Home key and head to My Channels
- You can now see YouTube in your My Channel’s list.
- Click and open YouTube
- Hit the Gear icon (to the left side) of your YouTube channel
- Tap on Sign-in icon and enter your YouTube account’s information
- Roku provides you an eight digit code (Note it down somewhere)
- Go to youtube.com/activate from your PC or smartphone
- Enter your Google account details and sign in
- Enter the eight-digit code provide by Roku
- Hit the Allow access button
Click here for the full guide.
Roku is an excellent streaming stick, and you can now watch YouTube videos conveniently without any interruption on your TV screen.
2. Activate YouTube on Xbox One
Follow the steps mentioned below to activate YouTube on Xbox One. If you are activating it for the first time on your Xbox One, you’ll have to enter your Google account details to sign-in.
- Head to Sign-in and Settings
- Choose Sign-in and Press the X key
- The program will send you a code (note it down)
- Visit youtube.com/activate on your phone or laptop
- Enter your Google account information and sign-in
- Type the activation code YouTube provided
- Hit the Allow Access button
Xbox is not only a game console but is also an ultimate entertainment console.
3. How to Activate YouTube on Kodi?
The activation process of YouTube on Kodi is a little complicated. However, once you activate it, you’re good to enjoy all the videos on your big TV screen using Kodi. Let’s do it.
- Go to Settings of Your Kodi
- Choose Add-ons
- From Repository/Get Add-ons, select Install
- Choose Kodi Add-on Repository
- Select Video Add-ons
- Navigate and select YouTube
- Hit the Install button
- Once it’s done, head to Videos and choose Add-ons
- Now, Select and open YouTube
- Tap on the sign-in icon
- You’ll receive an activation code sent by Add-on (note it down)
- Go to youtube.com/activate from your smartphone or PC
- Enter your Google account details to sign-in
- Type and enter the activation code that YouTube gave you
- Hit the Allow Access icon (if you see this option)
The process might take some time, but you won’t face any problem once the activation is done.
4. Activate YouTube on PlayStation 3
Activating YouTube on PlayStation 3 is quite similar to the Xbox method. You have to locate and open YouTube App from your PS3. Check it out.
- Launch YouTube from your PS3 (download YouTube app from PlayStation Store if you don’t have one)
- Head to Sign in and Settings
- Tap on Sign-in and press X
- The app provides you with a code (note it down)
- Now go to youtube.com/activate from your phone or laptop
- Enter your Google account details to sign-in
- Here, enter the activation code which YouTube app gave
- Click the Allow Access icon
Once you are done with youtube.com/activate PlayStation 3 steps mentioned above, your YouTube is activated.
5. Activate YouTube on Smart TVs
Certain Smart TV pieces don’t support the YouTube app on your device. Activating YouTube on Smart TV is an easy task. Let’s check it out.
- Open YouTube on your Smart TV
- Hit the Gear button (to the left side)
- Tap on Sign–in
- You’ll see an eight digit code
- Head to youtube.com/activate from your smartphone or PC
- Sign in to your Google Account by entering account details
- Now, enter the eight digit activation code and proceed
- Tap on Allow Access(if you see this option)
If you cannot find the YouTube app on your Smart TV, make sure that your model supports the YouTube app.
That’s all! These were the steps you’ll need to follow on multiple devices. We have listed some of the popular devices and the method. However, the steps may vary depending on the model of your device. However, the process is quite easy to understand.
Have any other issues while activating YouTube on Your device? Let us know in the comments section below.