So you’ve just bought an HP printer for your home or office and wondering how to install it on your computer? Not to worry, in this guide, we’ll be discussing the easy ways to unpack, print and scan with HP printer.
HP is one of the popular computer brands, and market-wise, the second-most selling printers in the US. Not to mention, every HP printer has a different set of configurations and different setup approach.
If you’re having issues with setting up the HP printer, don’t panic. This guide will take you through the step-by-step process of installing an HP printer on your computer.
Note: The guide mentioned below is for Windows users only. Mac users can read our article — Adding Printer on Mac
Step 1: Unboxing Your HP Printer
First things first. Let’s start with unboxing the HP printers in the proper way. Here’s how to properly unbox your HP printer:
- Remove the packing materials, tape from inside and outside of the printer carefully
- Handle the parts of the printer carefully. Even the slightest of the internal damage can cause a malfunctioning and your printer won’t print
- Check if you’ve missed any packing materials in the paper tray or the cartridge area
- This is important: make sure to put the packing material for recycling
- Connect the power cable to the printer, connect the HP printer to your computer
- Turn it ON once connected
With this, you are done unboxing HP printer and also setting up the hardware. Now, let’s see the process for an HP printer setup.
Step 2: Download and Install the HP Printer Drivers
Once you’ve properly unpacked your new HP printer, and switched on the printer, it’s time to download the latest driver software from the official HP support page – https://123.hp.com
Here’s how to download the HP printer driver from 123 HP com website.
- In the search bar type your printer model number and hit enter
- A huge list of software’s and drivers will be displayed on your computer screen
- Look for the appropriate driver from the list and click on download now
Ok, now at this point, you’ve successfully downloaded the HP printer driver. The HP printer driver facilitates the connection between the printer and your computer.
Once you’ve successfully downloaded the HP printer driver, it’s time to complete the HP printer setup process.
Last Step: HP Printer Installation
You need to make sure that the printer is either connected to the PC directly or via a network. Now, it is the time to install the driver you just downloaded. Follow the steps to proceed with the process.
- Go to the folder where the driver was downloaded
- Double click on the downloaded file to install the driver on your computer
- Click YES to continue with the installation process
- Go to the software selection page, customize the software selection
- You need to agree the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the checkbox.
- Click Next, this will begin the installing process
- Wait until the drivers are installed on your system
- At the connection screen, select the desired connection type
- To continue with the installation process, the system will automatically detect printer depending on the connection type
- Once done, restart your computer
Well done. You’ve successfully installed your new HP printer on your computer. After the restart, make a sample print to check if everything is fine. If you’re having any issues with the HP printer setup, or if the printer is showing offline, you can let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll come up with the best possible solutions for you. Don’t worry, we’re not a tech support, we love to share our knowledge to our readers for free 🙂