Want to use those beautiful fonts in your Windows 10 PC? The default fonts provided in Windows 10 are limited which might not suit your expectations.
Thankfully, there are thousands of additional fonts available which you can download and install quickly and add oomph to your projects and presentations.
However, many users have reported that although they can install and uninstall fonts through Control Panel, it has no new variants.
In this post, we’ll guide on how to install and manage fonts in your Windows 10 PC. Let’s get started-
How to Install Fonts in Windows 10 PC?
You can install fonts through many sources in your PC including using Microsoft Store, Control Panel and with the all-new April 2018 update you can even install and remove fonts through the Settings app. Let’s Check out these methods.
1. Install New Fonts Using Microsoft Store (Windows 10 April Update 2018)
This is one of the most natural methods to get a new font family in your Windows 10 PC. Here’s how-
1) Go to Windows 10 Settings
2) Tap on Personalization
3) Click on Fonts option
4) Hit the Get more fonts in the Store link
5) Select the type of font you want
6) Now, hit the Get button to install it
Once the font application is installed, you can see it in the Fonts page. Use the Search box if you can’t find it in the Fonts page.
We don’t recommend you to install any files other than .ttf or .otf in your Windows 10 PC through any source.
2. Using the Control Panel
You can install new fonts in your PC by putting them in the Fonts folder in the Control Panel. Here, all your fonts are compiled in .otf files with an installing option. Select your font, right-click on it and select Install and you’re good to go.
You also add your fonts manually using the drag and drop method. Check it out-
1) Go to the Windows search bar and type Fonts
2) Now, click on the Fonts option from the search results and open it
3) Drag your Font file to the Font folder
Now as the installation is complete, you’re ready to use it for your graphics presentations.
3. Use Third-Party Tools
There are many other third-party sources where you can find thousands of free and beautiful fonts with some research. Fontspace and 1001 Free Fonts are one of our favorite picks from the tons of font sites.
Now that you’ve installed your preferred fonts, there are many fonts that you don’t require in your Pc or you never will. We have listed a few methods to help you manage your font family. Let’s go
4. How to Delete Fonts?
There are certain fonts that you don’t want at all. You can quickly delete them by following these steps-
- Go to the Search/Cortana bar and type Fonts
- Now, scroll through the list or search a specific font which you wish to delete from the font list and select it
- Right-click on it and choose Delete
- Hit the Yes button to confirm
The unwanted font is now deleted from your Windows 10 PC.
5. Reset Your Fonts To the Windows 10 Default
Don’t panic, if you accidentally deleted your favorite font. You can get them back by resetting your fonts and getting them back to the way they were installed. Let’s start-
1) Go to the Windows search bar
2) Type Fonts and click on it
3) Head to the Font settings (to the left-hand menu)
4) Hit the” Restore default font settings” button
Windows 10 have now restored your font selection to the default Windows 10 options.
6. Uninstall Fonts Using Settings on Windows (Windows 10 April Update 2018)
If you no longer require certain font styles, you can quickly uninstall them using the steps mentioned below. Let’s do it-
1) Go to the Windows Settings
2) Tap on Personalization
3) Click on the Fonts option
4) Select the font you don’t wish to keep any more
5) Hit the Uninstall button in the font’s detail sheet
6) Once again click the Uninstall icon to confirm
The unwanted font on your latest version of Windows 10 is uninstalled successfully.
Hopefully, we’ve managed to help you get your favorite fonts on your Windows 10 PC. You can now use these fonts and make your documents or presentations stand out from the ordinary ones.
Drop down your additional questions or suggestions in the comments section below.
- How to Set a Default Browser in Windows 10?
- Why Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing in Windows 10?
- How Do I Zip/Unzip Files in Windows 10 PC?