We are here in 2018 where browsing internet is an everyday routine. There are hundreds of web browsers in the market, but we still settle on the one and become so used to it for online surfing.
There are chances that the right web browser might suit well to your needs and can make a huge difference.
To get a better knowledge of the evolution of today’s web browsers, we have compiled and shortlisted the five best web browsers and their features in detail.
Five Best Browsers to Use in 2018
Here we have sorted the best browser for you based on its speed, performance, and security. Let’s have a closer look as to what these leading browsers have to offer us.
1. Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is back in the competition, after several years of dropping down in the game due to speed. With the latest Firefox Quantum release, Mozilla has gained a significant boost in the list of fastest web browsers.
Firefox is the only web browser which offers a broad, sophisticated API. After a significant setback in the past few years, Firefox has taken its crown.
Let us see a few of the main features of Mozilla Firefox
- Firefox offers a built-in screenshot tool, a unified address and search bar and also a handy sidebar showing your synced tabs and bookmarks history
- Firefox makes careful use of RAM, even with multi-tabs open
- Firefox has breakneck browsing speed and is light on system resources
- The Mozilla Firefox has robust privacy tools and makes regular privacy updates
- The recent addition includes password-free login and support for automatic blocking of ad trackers
The reborn version of Firefox, known as Firefox Quantum, is a fast and smart browser with various useful tools. The new version of Firefox is mainly for browsing the web in virtual reality. Hence, the Mozilla Firefox is to the top of our list.
2. Google Chrome
Google Chrome is on the lead as it offers an extendable platform where multiple Chrome tabs are split for better speed and performance. The splitting avoids any browsing crashes, making the browser more stable.
Chrome mainly thrives on the three S’s this is: Search, Security and Sync. You can search Google right from the address, and sync your browsing history, bookmarks, and passwords easily. Let’s see some key features of Google Chrome below:
- Google Chrome is incredibly stable and is cross-platform
- Takes up minimum screen space, allowing more space to the web content
- It has support for parental controls
- Chrome has a wide range of extensions that are easy to download and install
- Offers expandable platform
- Chrome offers more features to the web app developers including the ability to utilize input from sensors
- The best Chrome built-in tools include the password manager, spellchecker, voice control, form filler, and a Translate feature
One of the biggest downsides of Chrome is its heavy memory usage. It creates separate background processes for every tab, plugin, and extension which leads to high RAM usage. Chrome does not work well on the computers with limited RAM.
With less than 6% market share, Opera still makes to the list of top web browsers just because of its high-quality features.
Opera has been in the browser market for 22 years but, sadly, it is underrated. Opera works incredibly well with the slow connections and it also offers a few unique features compared to other browsers. Here’s a list of features from the latest 51st version of Opera:
- Built-in ad blocker, a power saving mode feature for laptop users and a pop-out video player
- Convenient sidebar to chat with friends in WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger
- Collapsible lists tool to arrange your open and recent tabs
- Free Virtual Private Network (VPN) which encrypts your data to keep you safe through IP address. No other browser offers a free VPN feature
- Opera uses the least memory resources on your system compared the other browsers in the list
- Turbo mode for the faster web browsing experience
When you start using Opera, it can be a little confusing as a few sites will not show up properly. Opera also promises the future of web browser- the Opera Neon is soon going to hit the game.
Vivaldi is a cross-platform, freeware web browser launched on April 12, 2016. While many of the web browsers today replicate the designs and features of Chrome, Vivaldi aims to revive the old and classy features of Opera.
The user interface might not be very appealing, but the browser has smart features, time-saving tricks and customization options.
Let’s see some other features of Vivaldi:
- It has basic fonts and icons having minimal User Interface
- The browser allows you to customize the UI elements like the background color, address bar, tab positions, and overall theme
- Ability to stack and tile web pages, tabs and adds notes to the bookmarks
- It supports various mouse gestures for functions like tab switching and keyboard activation
- Vivaldi is mainly useful for heavy internet users and generally used by tech geeks
However, Vivaldi doesn’t have its own extensions site but allows you to get them from the Chrome Web Store. As of January 2017; the browser has over one million users!
5. Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge replaces the Internet Explorer as the default web browser on all the Windows 10, Windows 10 mobile and Xbox One devices.
Edge integrates with Cortana and runs happily as a modern-skinned app on windows 10’s tablet mode. Microsoft Edge doesn’t support ActiveX or Internet Explorer.
Apart from the odd aspect of unavailability of Microsoft Edge on the older version, there are a lot more advantages to it. Let’s go through some of the best features of Microsoft Edge:
- Super quick and hammers through benchmarks
- It has a user-friendly end of Redmond’s offering
- Edge has a Built-in reading mode making complex sites easier
- Edge promises that there are no security breaches
Though Microsoft Edge is forceful upon Windows 10 users, it has proved its superior power efficiency. Hence, Microsoft Edge is in our top web browser list for its full integration with Windows 10 feature.
Well, now that you know some of the best web browsers and their features, ensure to browse your internet through the best suitable browser for you!
Let us know which of the above web browsers work the best for you and you can also drop down your doubts and suggestions in the comments section below.