Setting up a Comcast email address is a service included with a Comcast plan. In this, you can directly check and read emails in your browser from any PC.
It means that you don’t have to download any tool or software to your desktop to open any emails. All you have to do is visit the Xfinity website and go to Email and login to your email, and your inbox is ready on the screen.
Although setting up Comcast Email might be a little tricky. Hence, in this post, we’ll guide on how to set up, log in and troubleshoot Comcast Email on your PC. Let’s get started-
1. How to Setup Comcast Email
Before we get to the setup process to access Comcast’s mail, make sure that your Windows 10 system is up to date.
1) You can only able to set up Comcast mail without any issues if your Windows 10 copy has all the Updates installed correctly. To run the Update-
- Go to the Windows Start menu and hit the Settings icon (gear icon)
- Select Update and Security
- If you can see any updates which needs to be installed, install them immediately
- Apply these updates and reboot your PC. Now, hit the check for updates button and see if your device is updated
2) Now, open the Mail app by typing Mail in the Windows search bar and selecting Mail from the results
3) If you don’t have any email account set up in your Mail folder, you’ll see a Welcome screen on your PC. Here, hit the Get Started button and Click the +Add account button
Note– If you have an email account setup already, hit the Gear icon (to the bottom left). As the Setting menu appears, tap on the Accounts menu and hit the + Add account button
4) Once it’s done, you’ll see Choose an account window. Scroll down and Choose Advanced setup icon
5) Select Internet email (second entry) from the Advanced setup list
6) After that, here you’ll have to enter a bunch of details. Add an account name according to your choice; enter “Your name” (the name you want to send your email from). In the Incoming email server field type imap.comcast.net and the Account type, drop-down menu select IMAP4
7) Enter your Comcast user name in the Username text bar (the name before @comcast.net. Enter your Comcast password in the Password field
8) Now in the Outgoing (SMPT) email server enter smtp.comcast.net
9) You’re almost done! Ensure that all the checkboxes are ticked
Once it’s done, Hit the Sign-in button and finally click on the “Done” button. Congrats! Your Comcast email is now setup successfully.
2. How to Log in to Comcast Email
With the Comcast Internet plan, you can read email on your browser directly. Just go to Xfinity site, select Email and Log in. Here’s how you log in to Comcast mail-
- Visiting Comcast’s Xfinity home page and click on Email icon
- Here, you’ll be asked to enter your Comcast account credentials. You can enter your Comcast.net email address or the existing email address you provided while signing up for Comcast in the Email and Username field
Great! You are now logged into your Comcast email account. Double-click on an email to check if everything’s working correctly.
3. How to troubleshoot Comcast Email?
Before we get to the elaborated methods, make sure that your PC and network connections are configured correctly. Check out some necessary troubleshooting steps we’ve mentioned below.
- Reboot your PC and router and after that launch a new web browser on your PC and try to visit a website to check if your network connection is working
- If you still can’t access the web, Go to the Networks and connections option on your Windows PC and search for Comcast XFINITY network and hit the Connect button and enter your Network password (if asked)
- Check Your Comcast’s Equipment
- Check and see if all your Comcast equipment including cables, modem, and network connections are inserted into the correct ports. Also, make sure that all the bills are paid to keep your Comcast service active
- Contact Comcast or the user manual to search for any network Outages and such other technical issues
- View your existing email settings- open your email client to see if your settings are entered correctly. select your Comcast account to see its current settings
- Use your Comcast webmail- use the Comcast webmail portal on your browser to check if your email is working correctly
Have any other issues while setting up Comcast email? Drop down your queries in the comments section below.
- Installing Windows Live Email in Windows 10
- How to Login and Access AIM on AIM Mail?
- 12 Best Alternatives to 10 Minute Mail