Sony’s PlayStation 3 holds a special position in the gamers heart despite being in the new console generation over the last five years.
The very famous “Dualshock 3” which is the PS3 Controller, can be useful if you have game-worthy PC. Although, as compared to Dualshock 4 or Xbox one controller, it is not very easy to use Dualshock 3 on PC.
However, a majority of the users prefer to use the PS3 controller due to its several game-friendly features.
How to Use PS3 Controller on Windows 10 PC?
You can sync your PS3 controller with your system in a few minutes using a mini USB cable. So, to avoid the use of mouse and keyboard in your gaming experience, follow the steps given below:
1. Update Drivers and Install Software
- Connect your PS3 controller to your PC through USB, and further Windows begins to install a set of drivers
- Open the Command Prompt and type “drivequery”. Now, hit Enter and check all your current installed drivers.
Ensure that you have downloaded the software: .NET Framework 4.0, official Xbox 360 driver and visual c++. The Xbox 360 controller driver is already built in on Windows 8 and 10. If you are operating an older system, you can download it manually.
2. Download and Install the ScpToolkit
Download Scptoolkit and run the installer. You may see a list of all the options to install. Leave this to the default and hit on Install to start the installation process.
Scptoolkit installs in about 30 seconds. Now, click on the big green button that indicates Run Driver Installer
3. Run the ScpToolkit
Check the boxes for the drivers like Install Dualshock 3 driver and Install Bluetooth driver or any driver you want to install.
Click on the arrow which is next to “Choose Dualshock 3 controllers to install”.
In a dropdown list of USB devices, search for the PlayStation 3 controller and check it too.
The installation process may take a while. You can also see many pop-ups on your screen as it detects your system hardware.
Go to the bottom of the list, and you can see “Dualshock 3 USB driver installed and “Bluetooth Driver installed,” this indicates a successful installation. Click Exit
4. Adjusting the ScpToolkit Settings
You can see ScpToolkit as an Icon in your system tray. Search for ScpToolkit Settings Manager in the Start menu.
You can adjust individual settings like adjusting the analog stick deadzones, disable the rumble, and more.
5. Use the Dualshock 3 on PC
- The Dualshock 3 now, functions as an Xbox 360 controller
- Any modern PC game with native XInput support should identify it without any problem.
Now you can enjoy the PS3 controller features on your PC.
- How to Fix Steam Stuck on “Preparing to Launch”?
- How to Install Skyrim Mods on your Xbox, PS4 and Windows PC?