Google is one of the leading search engines across the globe. Whether it’s finding your dream job or finding your life partner, you use Google a lot to get any type of information you want.
Believe it or not, Google plays an essential role in our life and we use it every now and then. Now, if you’re tired of always typing ‘www.google.com’ in your browser to access Google, it’s time to make Google your homepage.
Although, Chrome already offers Google as a default search engine, sometimes you have to manually make Google a default homepage in Chrome browser.
So, how to do this? In this article, let’s see how to switch Google as your homepage on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari web browsers.
1. Google Chrome
When you open Google chrome, it automatically takes you to the Google search bar window. However, when you manually set Google as a homepage, it will directly take you to the Google.com homepage.
Here’s how you can do so:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to Settings
- Now go to Appearance>Enable the Show Home Button
- In the second option of URL, type https://www.google.com/ and close it
Now, you can automatically see the Google homepage every time you open Google Chrome browser.
Firefox is an open-source web application by Mozilla. By far, Firefox offers you the most straightforward option to make Google as your homepage. To make Google as a homepage on Firefox
- Open the Firefox browser and go to Settings on the right side menu
- Search for the Homepage option and type and Enter https://www.google.com/
- Click on save to make the changes
The above-list of methods can make Google as your homepage in Firefox browser.
3. Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is a web browser by the Microsoft developers. It replaces Internet Explorer as a default browser on all Microsoft devices. To make Google as a homepage on Windows 10 or Microsoft Edge, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Microsoft Edge window
- Click on More actions (the three dots on the right side)
- Go to Settings
- Choose View advanced settings
- It displays many options to choose from
- Search for Show the home button and ensure that it is switched on
- In the drop-down menu set it to A specific page
- Type google.com in the bar and Save to make the changes
- Now, the Home button directly takes you to Google
The Google engine is now a homepage on your Windows device
Safari is a web application by Apple, widely used on iOS devices. This web browser is the default browser on all Apple devices. You can set Google as a homepage on Safari by using the following steps:
- Open Safari
- Select Safari in the upper left corner on the screen
- Now, choose the Preferences option
- Select the General option
- Type google.com in the space next to the Homepage heading
You can also use the safaris’ General window which has several options such as Safari open with; this option opens with your earlier windows as a shortcut to save your time
The New windows open with and New tabs open with options allows you to set them to homepage and ensure that you start with the Google search only.
Now, you see Google as the first page to turn up whenever you open your browser. We suggest you set this page only if it’s a daily routine for you, as Google homepage is good but has little limitations to use it.
- Easy Steps to Fix “Google Chrome Has Stopped Working” Error
- Why Google Chrome Keeps Crashing on Windows 10? How to Fix it?