Avast is one of the leading and most popular antivirus brand for Windows, Macs, and mobiles. It has over 450 million users having the largest antimalware application market share.
Avast security software has a free version where you can avail essential security services. However, to avail advanced features like firewall, anti-spam, online banking features, you need to purchase the premium version.
Avast auto-renewal is a periodic billing system which automatically charges your credit card or the payment credentials you entered.
It makes it easy for the users to not worry about the renewal or expiration about your Avast license. It can also be a significant disadvantage for users who don’t use Avast anymore but still pay for it.
Many users unknowingly signup for auto-renewal by agreeing to “Renewal: Automatic” during the initial purchase. Are you one of those users?
In this post, we’ll guide you on how to cancel Avast Auto-renewal and get a refund on new billing.
How to Cancel Avast Auto-Renewal?
There are three easy ways to cancel Avast Auto-renewal subscription. You can do it manually through Digital River order portal or your Avast Account which will work for both official distributors- Digital River and Nexway. Let’s get started-
1. Disable Automatic Renewal through Order Portal (for Digital river Users only)
You can use the order portal to cancel the automatic renewal. Let’s do it-
- Open your Digital River portal by visiting https://avast.com/find-order and enter your order number and password
Note- If you don’t know your order number and password, you can find it in the original email you received after your purchase
- You can now see your order details here. Click on Manage Subscription ‘
- Now in the Subscription details page find for Automatic Renewal icon and switch it off. Click on the Disable Automatic Renewal link to confirm
Done! Your Automatic renewal for Avast is now canceled. You should see OFF in the Automatic Renewals icon. You’ll also receive a confirmation email from Avast.
2. Disable Automatic Renewal via Avast Account (for both Digital River and Nexway)
If the first solution didn’t work or if you haven’t purchased Avast through Digital River, try out this method. In this method, you can disable automatic renewal through the Avast account itself. Here’s how-
1) Launch your Avast application and open your Avast account by clicking on ‘Sign in’ or your email (to the top-right corner)
2) Login to your Avast account with the same email you used for the original purchase
3) Now, in the ‘Licenses’ area find for ‘Your licenses’ icon and tap on it
4) Here you can see all the licenses connected with your Avast Account. Search for the one with ‘’Auto-Renewal License’ and now, click on the Cancel auto-Renewal icon.
5) After that, click on Deactivate Auto-renewal subscription to confirm
6) Once it’s done, you’ll get a notification- Your automatic renewal is canceled. You’ll also receive a confirmation email
Your Avast- Auto-Renewal feature has been stopped.
3. Contact Avast Support to Disable Automatic Renewal (for both Digital River and Nexway)
If the above methods didn’t work for you to cancel Avast Auto-renewal; you can directly contact Avast Support and ask them to cancel auto-renewal. Here’s how you do it=
1) Launch your browser and visit the following link-
2) Enter the information using the same email you used during the original purchase with the cancel request
3) The Avast Customer Service will respond shortly to confirm the cancellation
How to Get a Refund For Avast Auto-Renewal on New Billing
Did you miss to cancel the automatic renewal before the expiry date? Don’t worry as you can always ask for a refund within 30 days of the renewal period. Let’s see how-
1) Open your browser and enter the following link-
https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_refund and fill in the details with the refund request
Note– Make sure that you’re using the same e-mail that you’ve entered during the original purchase
2) The Avast Customer Service will respond shortly to confirm the refund
How to Fix Avast Billing Problems?
Are you facing any issues in the Avast billing or refund? Check out a few simple steps mentioned below to solve Avast Billing Problems. Let’s get started-
1. Get the Entire Payment Procedure Via Avast Billing support.
1) Open the official Avast antivirus site
2) Tap on the Sign in icon and enter your correct user id and password to log into the Avast account
3) Once you’ve logged in, visit the billing tab
4) You’ll get a list of options in the billing tab. Select your preferred option
5) Now, go through the instructions and make changes accordingly
You can directly contact Avast customer Service number for your Avast billing or click on the Support.avast.com link.
That’s all! All the above methods and solutions are applicable for all the Avast Antivirus solutions (Avast Pro Antivirus, Avast Premier or Avast Internet Security).
Have any other issues while canceling Avast Antivirus Auto-renewal? Drop down your queries in the comments section below.
- How to Fix Avast “UI Failed to Load” Error?
- How to Turn Off Avast Temporarily in Windows 10/8/7?
- Avast CPU Usage High: How to Fix?