Over the years, HBO Go has evolved to become a top video-on-demand service in the United States. To fully enjoy your HBO Go subscription, you need to activate HBO Go on your smart TV.
In this guide, we’ll discuss some easy ways for activating HBO Go via hbogo.com/activate on Roku, Apple TV, Comcast and Xbox One.
HBO Go activation process is quite simple and straightforward, however, it’s a little bit different for each device.
Note: Please know that this guide is for information purpose only. If you’re facing any issues while activating HBO Go via hbogo.com/activate, you can contact the HBO Go support team.
How to Activate HBO Go via www.hbogo.com/activate
Before we start with HBO Go activation on Roku or Apple TV or any other smart tv, let’s first see how to sign-up and sign in to your new HBO Go account webpage.
Steps on How to Sign Up in to HBO Go Account
The first step in the HBO Go activation process is getting an HBO subscription. Contact your TV service provider and subscribe to the HBO package (all channels streaming HBO content).
You can also log on to hbo.com/order and subscribe to the HBO network.
Now, turn on your Windows PC, connect it to the internet and open a browser app. You can sign up on HBO Go with any other computing device too. Just make sure you have a strong internet connection for the browser app to work fine.
- Open the browser
- Go to hbogo.com/order
- Enter the username and password provided by your TV service provider
- If you forgot the password, then retrieve it by clicking on the button that says the same
- Fill in the details of your account
- Now, click on Login to signup
After you signing up for the account, remember the same password and username while signing in next time.
HBO Go Sign-in – Complete Guide
Now that you’ve successfully signed up for the HBO Go subscription, the next step is to sign-in. On your device, open the HBO Go app or use a browser app to log on play.hbogo.com/login.
Enter the username, password and click on Login to sign-in to your HBO Go account.
The sign-in process doesn’t end here. You need to select your TV service provider from a list in advance. Generate an HBO Go ID and make a unique user profile.
Now, use this HBO Go ID the next time for signing in to HBO Go account.
Ensure that you add your current email ID, along with ZIP code.
Tap on Save to add this information to your HBO Go user account.
After this comes the HBO Go device activation process. HBO Go is available on many devices but preferably used on Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One and Comcast.
How to Activate HBO Go on Roku using hbogo.com/activate
Roku is a popular digital media player, and also a compatible device to play HBO Go channels. You can stream HBO content from Roku player by activating the HBO Go app.
- Connect your Roku player to a TV or other display device
- On your Roku player, go to the home screen
- Select ‘Streaming Channels’ from the left
- Choose the HBO Go channel
- Tap the ‘Add channel’ button
- Enter the Roku PIN on the prompt (for activation)
- If you forgot the Roku PIN, go to roku.com/pin and get your PIN
- Click on OK to confirm
After installing the HBO Go app, open it on Roku TV. Now, tap on ‘Activate your device’.
- Open a browser app on your PC, type “hbogo.com/activate” and go to the address
- Follow the onscreen instructions to get an activation code
- Select ‘Roku’
- Tap on Continue
- Select your current TV service provider
- Tap on ‘activate device’
After a few moments, you’ll see how HBO Go activates on Roku with a confirmation message that says “Success!” You’ve successfully activated HBO Go on your Roku TV and Roku player.
How to Activate HBO Go on Apple TV using hbogo.com/activate
HBO Go activation on Apple TV is the simplest method. You can download the HBO Go app on your Apple TV from iTunes and enjoy streaming premium content from America’s top network.
Here’s how you do it –
- Download HBO Go app on from iTunes
- Install it on your Apple TV device
- Open the app and go to its home screen
- Click on the Settings menu
- Select ‘activate device’
- Enter the activation code (as shown earlier)
- On your Apple TV, open the Safari browser app
- Go to hbogo.com/activate
- Enter the username and password (from TV provider)
- Sign in to your HBO Go account
- Click on HBO Go Activate device
After a confirmation message is delivered, HBO Go activates on Apple TV.
HBO Go Activate on Comcast
Comcast devices and media player, however, aren’t always able to play HBO Go content. Despite access to Comcast media player on a TV or other device, you are unable to stream HBO content directly.
You need to use Roku on a Comcast device to activate HBO Go. Just make sure that the device used for streaming Comcast is a compatible HBO Go device.
- Launch the Comcast TV on your device
- Go to Channels
- Select the HBO Go channel
- Click on Activate your device
- Now, open a browser app on Comcast TV
- Go to hbogo.com/activate
- Select Roku
- Choose the TV provider
- Click on Continue
- Enter the username and password
- Tap on Sign in
Now, follow the process for HBO Go activation on Roku (shown above) and your HBO Go is ready to use on your Comcast TV.
HBO Go Activate on Xbox One
Activating HBO Go on Xbox One is tricky. The HBO Go app isn’t directly available for installation on Xbox One. You can still use HBO Go by linking the Xbox console to your HBO Go user profile.
- Get a 4-digit activation code on your PC as discussed earlier (select your current TV provider)
- Open a browser app on Xbox One
- Type ‘hbogo.com/activate’ and continue
- On the web page, select Xbox One as the device
- Here, choose the TV service provider
- Tap on Activate Device
- Enter the activation code displayed earlier
- Click on ‘activate’ tab
That’s how HBO Go activates on the Xbox One console.
HBO Go Activate Not Working? Troubleshooting Guide
Here are some frequently asked questions on HBO Go Activate issues. Check out how to troubleshoot your device when HBO Go Activate isn’t working.
1. Why is HBO Go not working on my device?
There are several devices that aren’t compatible with HBO Go. Even the Chromecast app by Google doesn’t support HBO Go streaming service. HBO Go is not working on your device because of compatibility issues, meaning it has faced a service error.
To fix this, download Roku on your device and then add HBO Go on your Roku TV. If installing the HBO Go app directly to a device fails, you can stream HBO Go as a channel from the Roku TV app.
2. Does my TV provider support HBO Go?
Many of us get HBO channels as part of our satellite TV package. You can have access to HBO Go if your TV provider supports HBO channels.
To find out, use your computer and go to play.HBOGO.com/login on a browser app. Look for your TV provider in the All Providers list.
Is your TV provider not listed? The provider doesn’t support HBO GO. At the same time, not all HBO TV providers support HBO Go app on all devices.
So, contact your TV provider and ask them to add support for HBO Go.
3. ‘Device not supported’ error – Which devices are unable to support HBO Go?
If you get a message that says ‘Device Not Supported’, you won’t be able to sign in to the HBO Go app on your device.
Here is the list of devices where HBO Go is available in complete support –
- Samsung Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire devices
- Android and iOS devices
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
For more information, log on to Supported Devices on HBOGo.com.
We hope this guide helped you activate HBO Go on your smart TV. If you have any questions or have any issues while activating the HBO Go on your smart device, let us know in the comments below.
- How Do I Activate YouTube On Roku? A Step-By-Step Guide
- Showtime Anytime.com/activate: Activate Showtime Anytime on Apple TV, Xbox, Android TV
- Activating YouTube via YouTube.com/Activate – Complete Guide
- Activate Showtime Anytime on Roku via anytime.com/activate