Don’t want to pay $99 for an upgrade to Windows 10 pro? Here we are to help you upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro in a lesser expensive way!
Windows has now come up with Windows 10 Pro edition to help you make the most of your time.
Windows 10 Pro includes all the features of Windows 10 Home with additional powerful management tools and enhanced features like Remote Desktop, BitLocker security and automatic cloud back up.
What Are the Differences Between Windows 10 Home and Windows Pro?
For those who don’t know, Windows 10 offers you many additional features over Windows 10. Some of them are:
- Hyper-V- Allows you to create and run virtual machines
- BitLocker-Helps you to protect your data through its enhanced security management and encryption
- Private Catalog: this feature allows you to Access your company’s app through your section in the windows store
- Remote desktop: You can sign in and use your Pro PC wherever you want
- Join a Domain or Azure Active Directory– It easily connects to your business or school network
Windows Pro is essential for work purposes for developers, business users and those are working in IT related field. For the features as mentioned above and reasons, you would surely want to install windows 10 pro upgrade.
Here’s how you can do so without disturbing your pocket
A Pro/Ultimate product key from an older version of Windows is all you need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. It can be an old product key from Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8/8.1.
Follow the below-listed steps to upgrade to Pro and perform a clean install
Note: You can only upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version if you have Surface Series like Surface Pro 3 operating system. To identify the version of OS.
In Windows 8.1:
- Press and hold Windows + C key
- Go to Settings
- Hit on Change PC settings
- Click on PC and devices
- Now check the PC info
In Windows 10:
- Open Settings
- Go to System
- Now click on About and look under Edition
- After the system OS check. Let’s start the process of upgrading Windows 10 Home to the Pro version:
- Right-click on Action Center
- Select All Settings
- Go to Update and security
- Click on Activation
- If you don’t have a product key, you can click on Go to the Store and purchase it
- If you have a product key for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional or Windows 8/8.1, click on Change Product Key button and enter the 25-character software keyword
- Follow the instructions and commands on the screen to perform clean installation and upgrade process
- That’s it! Your system automatically restarts after successfully upgrading to Windows 10 Pro
- Check your Activation screen to ensure that you’re using Windows 10 Pro
Now you can enjoy the Windows 10 Pro features and functions. The process is, and I hope this guide is helpful to you.
Kindly let us know your doubts and suggestions in the comments section below