Want to take a screenshot of a personal chat, important details or a funny image on your Acer laptop? Taking the screenshots on Acer laptop is a quite easy and straightforward process.
Screenshots are the digital images captured of the computer screen. Instead of saving the files on your computer, or writing down the complicated process, you can simply save the screenshot of the screen. Screenshots become helpful when you want to create a step-by-step guide or tutorials.
So, how do you take the screenshot of your Acer laptop or any laptop for that matter? In this guide, I have explained the steps to take the screenshot on Acer laptop.
There are three ways you can use to screenshot Acer laptop screen. Let’s see the methods in detail.
1. Take a Screenshot on Acer Laptop using Key Combinations
It is one of the easiest ways to take a screenshot of any page on your Acer laptop. Let’s check it out-
- Launch the screen you want to capture
- Press and hold Windows + PrtSc keys
- It’ll automatically take a screenshot and save it in your Acer laptop
- To locate the saved screenshot, go to — C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots
That’s it! You can see the captured file on your screen now. It won’t work well to capture an active window.
2. How to Take a Screenshot on an Active Window?
There are two ways you can try out to capture an active window on your Acer laptop-
Method #1: Take a screenshot through Microsoft Paint on Acer laptop
Yes, you can quickly capture an active window with the help of built-in Microsoft Paint. Here’s how-
- Open Paint by typing Paint in the search bar
- Now, open the page you want to capture and press the PrtSc button on your keyboard
- Hit the Paste icon in the Paint window or press Ctrl+V keys
- You can also crop or resize the captured file in paint
- Once it is done, go to File (to the top left-hand side) and click Save
Choose the folder where you want to place your captured file and done.
Method #2: Use the Snipping Tool
Snipping tool is available on Windows Vista and later versions. Here’s how you use it-
- Type SnippingTool in Windows Search bar and press Enter
- Click on SnippingTool from the results
- In the Snipping Tool window, hit the New icon
- Navigate the mouse to the area you want to capture and release your mouse
- Now, hit the Save snip icon in the Snipping Tool panel
Done! Select the location you want to store your screenshot file.
You can also use some third-party free and paid screen capture software like- Snagit, Ashampoo or Apowersoft applications to take screenshots with some enhanced features.
Have any other issues while taking screenshots? Drop down your queries in the comments section below.
- Find Out How to Take Screenshots on Windows 10 in 8 Different Ways!
- Where to Find Steam Screenshot Folder?