Kodi allows you to watch free movies, TV shows, sports, live channels, pay per view shows and also can record live television. In this content, we guide you on how to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV
What is Kodi?
Kodi is an open-source media player. This application was earlier known as XBMC (Xbox Media Center) and is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms.
There are regular updates on this software application. As of now, Kodi 17.6 Krypton is the most consistent and robust version, whereas Kodi 18 Leia is still under development.
We recommend you to use 17.6 Krypton version until Kodi 18 is stable. There are multiple ways to install Kodi on Firestick or Fire TV, but we have a simple guide on how to do so
How to install Kodi on Firestick and Fire Tv- Kodi 18 Leia or Kodi 17.6 Krypton?
The below steps apply to all generations of Fire TV, Fire Cube and Fire Stick devices
- Go to Settings and click on Device
- Click on the Developer option
- Enable the Apps for Unknown sources option
- Open the Firestick/ Fire TV Home screen
- Click on the search icon bar and enter “Downloader.”
- Select the Downloader icon
- Hit on the Select button on remote to download and install Downloader
- Open the Downloader
- Click on Allow (only for Firestick and Fire cube models)
- Click Ok on the guide window
- To open the keyboard, hit the Select button on remote
- Type URL based on the version you want to install like: Stable Kodi Version 17.6 Krypton – http://troypoint.com/kodistable or http://troypoint.com/k17
- Kodi 18 Leia Development Release – http://troypoint.com/k18
- Download process of Kodi begins
- Click Install on the Kodi set up Window
- Kodi begins to install on FireTv or Fire TV Stick
- You can see the Kodi home screen. Now, exit Kodi to go back to Fire Tv screen
- Click on Delete to dispose of the installation file
- Click on Delete to confirm
- Now, open the Firestick/Fire TV home screen
- Press and hold Home button on the Firestick or Fire Tv remote
- A shortcut screen appears
- Select Kodi and click Move to bring it to the front of the application list
- Press the Select button and locate Kodi shortcut where you want
- Kodi shortcut is now available on your Fire Stick or Fire TV Home screen under the Apps and Games section!
That’s it! You can now enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and channels, and access Kodi just like any app on Fire Tv. Let us know your doubts and suggestions in the comment section below.