Are you all excited to open your favorite music collection and listen to your playlists? So, you try double-clicking an MP3 file, expecting it to open in Windows Media Player, however, it opens in Groove Music.
The Groove Music app is the default Windows 10 music player, but you don’t wish to use the default app. Instead, you wish to enjoy listening to your favorite numbers on the music app of your choice.
Are you wondering how to uninstall Groove music? Here are some methods, which will help uninstall the Groove music app.
Uninstall Groove Music
Removing a default app or disabling it is simple, isn’t it? If you just go to the All Apps list and select Uninstall, then it should work, right? Well, that’s not how the Groove music app gets removed.
However, to stop Groove music from starting and to completely remove the app, you can try the following:
Method 1. Uninstall Groove Music Using PowerShell
- Check if the Groove music app is running somewhere in the background. If the app is running, then Close the Groove music app.
- Click Start Menu, and key in Windows Powershell.
- Open PowerShell with admin rights. Right-click on PowerShell text and select Run as administrator.
- In the PowerShell prompt that appears, key in the following command.
- Hit Enter.
- Next, look for Zune Music, and copy the Package_Full_Name of Zune Music. Then, right-click on the menu bar and select Edit>Find.
- Copy the Package_Full_Name of Zune Music by selecting the text next to Package_Full_Name and using the hotkey Ctrl+C.
- Key in the following text (to completely remove Groove music):
Note: The Package_Full_Name is the same as what was copied earlier.
- Hit Enter.
The method would help to remove Groove app from Windows 10.
Method 2. Uninstall Groove Music Using CCleaner
Here’s another method to uninstall Groove music:
- Download CCleaner 5.11 or later versions and Install. (Ignore this step, if the app is already installed).
- Launch CCleaner.
- Select Tools and to view all installed apps, click Uninstall.
- Right-click on Groove music app.
- Click the Uninstall button and Hit Yes button as confirmation.
We understand that with the Groove music pass facet expiring, a lot of users wish to switchover from Groove Music app to Windows Media Player or Spotify. And, uninstalling is an option, which quite a few users are seeking out for.
So, relax follow the step-by-step methods and completely remove Groove music.