As an avid PC gamer and a GeForce user, if you have come across the GeForce experience not working, then we can totally relate to it.
Your gaming rig may be well-equipped with Nvidia GeForce Experience, but it could get really frustrating to see the GeForce experience not opening or the icon showing up in the tray and being unresponsive on being clicked.
We’ve rounded up some easy-and-quick fixes for you. So, keep reading and try out the fixes.
What is GeForce Experience?
Nvidia’s GeForce Experience has a plethora of tools that are designed to enhance your PC gaming experience.
The GeForce Experience is a supplementary app to the GTX Graphics Card. And, the app facilitates the updating of the drivers, the sharing of experiences in the context of gaming among peer groups, and also enhances settings for your PC gaming programs.
Causes of GeForce Experience Not Working
You may have come across the GeForce Experience not working in Windows 10, and you may have wondered what is causing the not-working error.
One must understand that it would be difficult to attribute a defined cause for the error. However, many developers, users, and PC gamers have found some commonalities which include:
- Driver installation issues like no driver being installed for the version of GeForce installed
- The possibility of corrupt software being installed
- The possibility of some hardware issue
The next logical question is, when GeForce experience is not working or something went wrong, what should be done.
How to Fix GeForce Experience Not Opening Error?
One of the first things, you may want to try is to end all the Nvidia-related processes from the Task Manager. Try the following steps:
- Right-click on the Windows 10 Taskbar and click the Task Manager
- In the elevated Task Manager window that appears, navigate and find out Nvidia-related processes. And, right-click on them and select the End task
- After all related processes to Nvidia have been closed, you could close the Task Manager.
Now, open the Nvidia GeForce Experience application and check if it is working well.
2. Check for Hardware Issues
Another basic check is to look out for incompatible hardware, which could trigger the not-working error. So, you could check the RAM requirements, and also check if the graphics card is as required.
This basic check is also good for the health of your PC, and apart from which could eliminate the GeForce Experience not working error.
3. Check and Change GeForce Experience Compatibility Mode
You may have come across messages like “Something went wrong, Try restarting GeForce Experience” or alternatively a message like “Unable to connect to NVIDIA. Try again later”.
To fix the error, you may want to check and change the compatibility settings of the app. Try the following steps:
- Right-click on the GeForce Experience application icon.
- Select the Properties
- In the GeForce Experience Properties dialog window, go to the Compatibility tab, and look out for “Run this program in compatibility mode for:“; now look out for the apt operating system (like Windows 8/7/Vista) from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Run this program as an administrator” and click Apply.
- Click Ok.
Now, check if this has fixed the GeForce Experience not working error. If you find that changing the compatibility mode has not worked, you may wish to switch back to the previous settings and try out the other solutions.
4. Try Re-Installing the GeForce Experience
You may want to try re-installing the GeForce Experience as a quick fix. Here’s what you could do:
- Hold Windows key + press R.
- In the Run dialog window, key in appwiz.cpl, and click Ok.
- In the Programs and Features window, look out for Nvidia GeForce Experience in the list of installed applications.
- Double-click on the Nvidia GeForce Experience, and follow the un-installation instructions.
- Visit the official Nvidia website and download the GeForce Experience.
- Go through the installation process, and try launching the app to check if it opens.
5. Try Restarting the GeForce Experience Service
Alternately, on encountering the GeForce Experience not working, you may try restarting the service. Here’s how:
- Hold Windows key + press R.
- In the Run dialog window, key in services.msc, and click Ok.
- In the elevated Service window that appears, navigate and look out for NVIDIA GeForce Experience Service.
- In the Left pane, click on Restart the service. (If you are unable to locate the Restart icon, then try to click Start.)
Now, you may wish to check if the application is opening.
6. Update Nvidia Graphics Driver
Another solution is to try updating the Nvidia Graphic Driver. Try these steps:
- Hold Windows + press X to open the Power User Menu.
- Select the Device Manager
- In the Device Manager window that appears, go to Display adapters and expand to locate your graphics card.
- Right-click on the option and click on Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and select Update Driver and click Ok.
Alternately, you may use Driver Updater tools like TweakBit Driver Updater, which can scan the system for outdated or corrupted drivers and update all the drivers on your PC.
You may also try using Reimage Plus which can scan your PC and replace any corrupt and missing files.
7. Try Disabling Antivirus
If the GeForce Experience is still not working, then you may try disabling the shields of the antivirus temporarily and check if the application is interfering with the operations of the GeForce Experience.
We hope that the solutions shared could help you fix the GeForce Experience not opening error. Also, do comment in the comments box below and share the solution that has worked best for you for fixing the NVIDIA GeForce Experience not opening error.
- Why is Steam Not Opening on My PC? How to Fix it?
- Nvidia Control Panel Won’t Open in Windows 10/8/7(64-Bit): How to Fix?